Thursday 29 May 2014

Liebster Blogging Award ....

I was nominated for a Liebster Blogging Award…


Sophie from Pretty and Polished nominated me for a Liebster Award 
You can visit her blog here

Now I am told this is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers, a sort of well done and acknowledgement of your blog. 
THE RULES:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog
3. Answer 11 questions which provided to you by the person who nominated you
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer
7. List these rules in your post (you can copy and paste from here)

8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (because they might not have ever heard of it)

There are 11 questions she has set for me to answer...

So here goes…..on to the Questions:

1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging for some ‘me-time’ and to basically chatter and recommend beauty & skincare I love. 
Before I buy something I always research and look to blogs for information and swatches, I hope to be able to provide the same service to others unsure about a purchase.
2. What's your favourite thing about blogging?
I really enjoy taking the photo pictures and getting creative with the backgrounds and angles. I also love how I am learning so much such as html, how to do page headers and other essential blogging related items I did not know how to do before.
3. What made you choose your blog name?
My initials spell out A.C.E and as for the ‘sparkle star’ bit thought it sounded pretty.
4. Night in or night out?
Definitely a night in!!
Love nothing better than a candle lit bath, pampering face mask and a good film or series to watch. Snacks essential!!
5. Tea or coffee?
Without a doubt Tea. I’m not fully awake until i have had a cuppa tea in the morning.
Clipper’s Sleepy tea before bedtime really helps me to unwind and chamomile tea with a spoonful of honey is lovely to soothe tension.
6. Do you have any pets?
Erm 2 kids, does that count! I joke. Nope, no pets.
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
I would love to go to New Zealand, looks amazing on the Lord Of the Rings!!
8. Dogs or cats?
Neither! Sorry, but I’m not really an animal person.
9. What's your favourite thing to write about?
Beauty of course, skin-care, lipstick and eye-shadows to name but a few!!
10. What's your favourite social media platform?
When i started, it was Facebook, however Twitter is rapidly becoming my favourite way to connect with other bloggers and join in the twitter chats.
11. Favourite thing you've ever bought?
That would be the ‘Bare Minerals foundation set’ since purchasing haven’t looked back! Their foundation really did change my skin for the better. It was a bit of an eureka moment when i had found what i had been searching for after trying several different foundations and my skin ending up irritated and red. 

My other favourite thing would be my CD player, I saved up for ages as a teenager, was over the moon when I got it! And do you know it is still going today!! Considering it was quite a while ago!! Good going! 

11 Facts about me
1. My initials spell out ACE!
2.I still haven’t perfected the art of winged eye-liner
3. My idea of a perfect day is beauty shopping around the department stores beauty halls, ideally with unlimited funds! Ha
4. I have 2 children who are my world.
5. I have a sister who is my sister by birth, best friend by choice. Is there when I need her.
6. I love anything tatty teddy (Me to you bear) - yes I know I am too old, but he is just so cute x
7. My favourite colour is Purple
8. My favourite flowers are Freesia’s
9. My top authors are Jane Green, Adele Parks, Sophie Kinsella (also known as Madeleine Wickham)
Cecelia Ahern too. P.S I Love you is such a good read.
10. I prefer romantic, drama type movies and films. Will not watch any scary films or horror as I am guaranteed to have nightmares for days!!
Love Grey’s Anatomy, Gossip Girl, The Big Bang theory, How I Met Your Mother and Friends never fails to cheer me up.  Any drama series such as the white queen, luther, line of duty and of course Derek. (Think that show is just genius!)
11. Lastly if I could choose one brand of make-up it would definitely be Bare Minerals... But you probably guessed that didn’t you!?!

So there you have it 11 facts about me

Now I am going to nominate:

Ruth from The Beauty Scriptures here
Helen from LittlehelsB here
Ashleigh's Beautea Party here
Charley from Beau Elle here
Jenny from Caramel and cats here

My questions to you are:

1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What’s your favourite part about blogging?
3. Where did the inspiration come from for your blog name?
4. Do you prefer a night in or out?
5. Describe your ideal day out.
6. What’s your favourite film and why
7. If you could choose only one brand of make-up what would it be
8. High-End or Drugstore?
9. What’s your favourite colour?
10. Do you have any pets, if so what?
11. What’s the one item of make-up you can not live without?


Thank you Sophie for the nomination!!
Hope this has provided a little snippet into the person behind Acesparklestar!

Take care, take time for you and look after yourself.
Thanks for popping by luv Acesparklestar xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment