Tuesday 13 August 2013

Boldly going....to Nars! Velvet Matte lip pencil Mysterious Red Review

Boldly going.... where I have previously been too nervous to!!!

I am a 'play it safe' neutral lipstick kinda girl. 
When sorting through my makeup collection i realised i have far too many nude and light pink shades. 
But it's time to step out of my comfort zone and try bolder and vibrant colours....so what it ends up on my teeth or smudged all over my face, so what! I'm not a celeb, the pics won't end up in heat magazine.

So here i go......
The lipstick that caught my attention is the 
 Nars Velvet matte lip pencil in their new shade (Autumn 2013)
 'Mysterious Red'
This is basically a matte lipstick in the form of a pencil, which makes for ease of applying and for touchups on the go. Fairly fool proof upon applying, as it's a pencil outline the lips then colour in the rest. 

Crayola colouring in for adults!


As you can see from the swatches the colour is a gorgeous deep red colour, that doesn't wash you out.




I feel fairly confident stepping out in this bold colour its a lovely rich colour and with it being a matte lipstick really does stay put without drying the lips and flaking. 
To put it to the test I ate as well as drinking from a can and the colour was still there! 
Would also be lovely with a lipgloss over the top to add a sheer sheen, i tried it with a slick of 'good old' vaseline to add a subtle gloss but could equally add your favourite gloss on top.
With such a striking bold lip colour i personally wear neutral and nude eyes such as the divine colours from Urban Decays Naked Palette....the colours towards the left side being cream, light browns and pearly nudes. Slick of mascara and you're good to go.

Might be worth noting that if you don't already have a double pencil sharpener might be worth the investment as you will be needing it to continue using this little beauty. 
The pencil doesn't fit in the average size sharpener, does need to be the bigger sized hole. Nars sell one as do boujouis and many other brands fairly cheaply.

This is definitely my fave red lip colour in my collection, (well my only one) but is my 'go to' red lip for when i'm feeling bold and confident.

Take time for you. Take care and look after yourself.
Thanks for popping by luv acesparklestar xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment