Friday 8 May 2015

Bourjois Aqua laque liquid lipstick: My thoughts

New in ... Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Laque liquid lipstick Review



Having tried and loved their Velvet matte liquid lipstick editions, browsing the aisles of Boots I saw there was now a glossier laquer version released. Thought I'd give a go after all their velvet matte lip offerings are brilliant.

They both have the same 'doe' foot applicator and same sleek packaging. 
The laque versions have a eye catching shiny lid, so are easy to differentiate on the make-up stand.

bourjois aqua laque liquuid lipstick beauty blog review swatches rose on the rocks

On first application, it feels very very wet and little sticky to apply. Once applied, it feels a little strange on the lips, almost like a watery film (if that makes sense) it's not quite a gloss but not a lipstick, more of a watered down gloss, giving a wet look with a sort of cool drenched sensation. Not tingly but you are aware of it on your lips. 

bourjois aqua laque liquuid lipstick beauty blog review swatches rose on the rocks

On my lips it didn't seem to last very long, seemed to slip off very quickly. Bourjois say it provides 10 hours of hydration, which I disagree with. 
I personally didn't like the feel on my lips and my first instinct was to wipe it off - which I fought to see how long it would last on my lips. 
As for the shade I chose a pretty Rose colour 02 Rose on the rocks, it gave a very subtle look to the lips more of a shiny balm.


bourjois aqua laque liquuid lipstick beauty blog review swatches rose on the rocks

   So the aqua laque version of the bourjois liquid lipsticks get a miss from me I'm afraid, I shan't be buying any of the other shades. It's a shame because like I said their velvet matte versions are so long lasting and comfortable to wear and I really liked those.

Have you tried the rouge edition aqua laque's? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment