Tuesday 2 June 2015

MAY Monthly Favourites Round-Up

MAY Favourites Time....


This month I have been using La Roche Posay Serozinc. Finally avaliable here in the UK. My full review can be found here: Serozinc 
 I love to use this as a lovely facial mist which has the added bonus of containing zinc which helps calm and soothe the skin. Helps to prevent any future blemishes.

Elizabeth Arden Primer this was a gift with purchase from debenhams. It's a lovely light primer that's a joy to use. The lipstick was the said purchase in 'WildBerry' and I have been constantly reaching for it this past month. It is such a lovely shade and the formula is spot on!

Bobbi Brown shimmer palette I picked this up from a blog sale. A lovely sparkly shimmer palette, which gives a subtle payoff for those days when you don't really want to wear a lot of heavy eye make-up. Just a little shimmer.

Maybelline Sensational Mascara in... wait for it WATERPROOF! I spotted this in boots and snapped it up double quick. I much prefer to wear a waterproof mascara, mainly because the British weather is just so darn unpredictable. Love this mascara, if I am honest I prefer the effect of the non waterproof but I like the reliability of the waterproof.

TV
I finally caught up with the last and final season of "How I met your mother".... 
(At last! Only about a year later!!)
I won't spoil the end but hmmmm..... It was a thinker!! 
I still can't make up my mind about it. I watched the alternative ending on the dvd and I have to say I much preferred that version, but I guess I'm just a big softy at heart. Don't get me wrong I loved the end but considering the show is called how I met your mother and is all essentially geared up to the big reveal the end just didn't fit for me.

Peter Kay's Car Share has had me in stitches this past month. If you haven't seen it head over to BBC Iplayer. It is so funny. Without spoiling it i'll just quickly mention "I forgot to put my legs in!" oh and the "dogging" conversation with the 80 year old neighbour!! Well done Peter Kay, so glad you're back on our screens hope there is a season 2!!

Oh and have you seen 'The Goldbergs' new on E4? Well if like me you are a 80's chic then you should watch weekdays at 7.30pm for a good old reminisce down memory lane. But also because It's such a brilliant series that leaves you feeling that bit happier for having watched it. Defo my cheer me up show and I look forward to seeing what the Goldberg kids get up to next!

Book
I read "The Good Girl" by Mary Kubica
It was an interesting gripping read, I was in suspense throughout however there were a few times where things didn't quite add up especially at the end. Might just be me over thinking and wanting to know everything. I found myself asking questions to the screen - knowing full well I wouldn't getting an answer any-time soon. So I got to the end and i didn't feel the usual satisfaction i get at the end of a book as I had so many questions and things didn't quite add up in my head?! But that being said it was a great thriller with a twist at the end, that I didn't see coming.

So that's what I have been loving this past month. What have you been enjoying?

No comments:

Post a Comment