Saturday 30 January 2016

Trilogy Make-Up Be Gone Cleansing Balm Review

Trilogy Make-Up Be Gone Cleansing Balm

I absolutely adore Trilogy's Rosehip Oil Review can be found here
So when I saw they had released a cleansing balm I was eager to give it a try!


That was a few months ago, so I thought I'd share my thoughts...
First of all, I love the fact it comes with a good old cotton flannel and is in sturdy packaging. 
(unlike my Emma Hardie cleansing balm which is is pieces!)


Inside the pot, the balm is a solid which I need to rub my fingers over to loosen it, then I warm it up in my fingers rubbing the balm all over my dry face. Then wetting the flannel with warm water I rinse the cleanser off. 
It leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh without stripping my sensitive skin or making it feel tight.


Ingredients Include: Mango butter, Rosehip oil and Coconut oil
It may just be the cold weather, but like I said I find it a 'solid balm' which takes a bit of warming with the fingers just to get it out the pot.

The scent is 'spa-like' slightly herbal one which isn't over-powering. More of a head clearing de-stress fragrance.


As you can see above the balm melts into an oil with the warmth of your skin, which makes it easier to spread onto your face.
Leaves my skin feeling clean, not tight or irritated. 
Feels looked after, removes dirt and dissolves make-up as-well. Even waterproof mascara which is notoriously difficult to remove.



I also love the quote on the box - but I do feel it may have been better placed on the actual tub as most will throw away the outer box.


Overall I enjoy using this as my evening cleanser to remove the day and any make-up. It's lovely to massage into the face, doesn't sting your eyes when removing mascara and leaves your skin beautifully soft. It is a nice slightly cheaper alternative to Emma Hardies Balm which is £38 for 100ml. Trilogy's edition is just £19 for 80ml. 
Does what it says on the tin! Cleanses and best of all its packed with all natural ingredients to soothe.
I highly recommend this cleansing balm. Have you tried this balm, what were your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment