Thursday 12 September 2013

Prepare for total LASH domination.... Bare Minerals Mascara Review


For those of you who know me, you will also know I love Bare Minerals, and if you don't, then stay tuned to my blog, as I am certain more of their products will pop up in the near future.
Anything new that they bring out, more often than not I'm on it!

I am so glad i picked this little silver gem up!.....

I think its fairly safe to say, we all have a fave mascara that when asked, we would hand on heart recommend, without a bat of the eyelid! Ha ha, pun intended!!


What's mine i hear you ask? Mine has been for years now Clinique's Lash Power in the colour Black Onyx. Once on this does not budge come rain or tears!

Some say its difficult to remove but if you gently rub your eyelashes between your fingers with some warm water you'll find it comes off, then use a eye makeup remover after, just to ensure you don't wake up to panda eyes the next morning.

My close 2nd was the Bare Minerals Flawless Definition in the waterproof version. Like the lash power, stays put but is easier to remove with standard eye makeup remover. I like the fact that it's enriched with minerals to care for and look after you precious lashes.

But the new lash domination from Bare Minerals went straight to the top of my mascara chart,


 And here's why....

This mascara promises to have 10 in 1 lash benefits......

In my opinion, it is my number one mascara, due to all of the above, the fabulous spiral 180 degree wand, but also because it has nourishing minerals and quinoa protein to care for your lashes.

At first, i found the huge wand (and i mean HUGE!) difficult to apply without smudging mascara on my eyelids and ending up looking like a panda. However a few practises later i seem to have got the hang of it.


The top wand is the lash domination and the one beneath it is the clinique lash power wand.
Just to give you an idea of the size comparrison.


Huge silver bullet packaging is a plus....easy to spot in my cluttered makeup bag!


Before any mascara:.......
                                                      



With just one coat of lash domination mascara on.......







The only downside is the fact that this mascara is not waterproof, which considering i only wear waterproof mascara was nearly a deal breaker for me.

However it seems that Bare Minerals have thankfully thought of everything....in the form of
'Locked & Coated'




Can be used to turn your favourite mascara (of any brand) into a waterproof one...
without changing the look of your lashes! Genius!

What's your favourite mascara? I'd love to know in the comments below.

Take time for you. Take care and look after yourself.
Thanks for popping by luv acesparklestar xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment