Monday 17 April 2017

Spring Skincare Resolutions



Happy Easter, hope the 'Easter Bunny' brought you lots of goodies! My favourite egg was the large Ferrero Rocher egg. The outer shell was exactly like the outer of the normal Ferrero Rocher's and it was utterly delicious!



So now we're a hop, skip and a jump closer to the summer weather I definitely feel the need to switch up my skincare routine. My skin has been feeling the after effects of the winter months, incredibly dry and flaky especially on my eyelids. Which makes it difficult to wear eye-shadow as I feel it just looks awful. Liquid foundation just seemed to go on flaky and I ended up with patches.



So I think I need to do more of a morning skincare routine as previously it consisted of a swipe of bioderma micellar water, primer and then onto makeup. The main reason for this was I didn't want my skin to appear too greasy looking, but with my skin being so thirsty I really need to add in a moisturiser before the primer. Hopefully this will help my foundation to last longer and not go so patchy.



I also need to be much stricter with my night time routine. I plan to use the pixi glow tonic most nights. 

As this contains glycolic acid, it provides a gentler way to scrub the dead skin cells, leaving me with refreshed flake free skin. My blog post is here: Pixi Glow Tonic if you wish to know more.
I also need to not be so lazy! I often skip a few steps and in my opinion it's starting to show on my face. Some nights if I'm really tired I'd just swipe a cotton pad with micellar water around my face and go to bed.... I KNOW - BAD BEAUTY BLOGGER!! So my resolution now spring is here is to ensure I take care of my skin EVERY night and hopefully my skin won't be so cross with me ha ha! The key to having your makeup last and go on nicely definitely starts with skincare.


As for my dry flaky eyelids, I was a little stumped at first, as each of my eye creams weren't really helping so I decided to apply a little coconut oil before bed (without washing it off) and "fingers crossed" it really seems to be helping. 

More about Coconut oil here: Coconut oil blog post


So I'm off now to do a face mask, I'm thinking Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel. I just love the way it leaves my skin feeling fresh and it smells sooo good!




Take care xx

No comments:

Post a Comment