Friday 13 February 2015

Real Techniques Contour Brush, Is it worth the investment?

 Real Techniques Contour Brush 
from the New Bold Metals Collection

I love the original real techniques brushes they are such great quality for their price. Wash well and mine have lasted me well over a year now. There's usually some sort of offer on at boots, so you also get your boots points as an added bonus.

Now when I saw they had released a new collection I was so excited.... that was until i saw the prices....

In total it would cost you a whopping £130 for all 7 brushes from the collection!

I went into boots ADAMANT I would not even look for them, all my resolve melted when I actually saw them out of the corner of my eye, it was like they just called to me.
Reluctant to say they are just so pretty and well shiny!!

My justification: A cheek contouring brush is one brush I actually haven't got, at the moment I just use a normal blush brush which is definitely far too big!
So £22 later I walked out of boots with my fingers crossed, hoping that it really is as good as they say it is.... lets be honest - I want it to actually contour my cheeks for that price!!

real techniques contour brush bold metals collection

The rose gold handle looks and feels luxurious and as for the bristles they are so soft and provide an accurate line of contour to create cheekbones where the don't exist. Can also be used to apply the highlight shade and if used on its flat side the blush too so is very versatile.

real techniques contour brush bold metals collection
real techniques contour brush bold metals collection









So is it worth it?

Brushes are always worth investing in as it's not always the make-up, that makes a look, sometimes it's the tools used. For example, I've used £1 eyelash curlers, whilst they do curl my lashes the curler itself will inevitably will break or fall apart. I find that my Eyeko ones curl my lashes but somehow make the curl stay and have lasted for months and are still going strong. Same goes for my MAC 217 blending brush there's no shedding and I find it washes really well and keeps its shape. Compared to cheaper versions that shed mid application.

Sometimes you do get what you pay for and in this case I feel IF you are in need of a new brush, it's a good investment. So yes I do think it is worth it. Having said that I do wish they had priced them slightly lower, I don't know if it's the mum in me but I am painfully aware of the teenagers who are already hooked on the real techniques brushes, wanting and needing the new additions to the collection.

real techniques contour brush bold metals collection

So my advise would be to pick just one that you need, that you don't already have and don't forget to use your boots advantage card - as that's quite a lot of points. oh and those coupons boots send in the post for double points etc. It all adds up!

real techniques contour brush bold metals collection

Have you tried any of the Real Techniques Bold Metals collection brushes? 
What did you think?

Take time for you. Take care and look after yourself.
Thanks for popping by luv acesparklestar xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment