Thursday 8 January 2015

How I use Lucy Bee Coconut Oil for beauty!


How I use Coconut Oil..


lucy bee coconut oil extra virgin organic raw beauty cleanser

Where to start? ...

I use coconut oil as a cleanser, face mask, hair conditioning mask, body moisturiser and of course to cook with and eat!!

Basically it's a 'do it all' wonder product!!

The one I love to use is Lucy Bee's Extra Virgin Organic Raw Coconut Oil.
As not only is their coconut oil extracted from fresh, mature coconuts ... but out of all the jars I have tried this one smells and tastes the most coco-nutty!! Which I adore!

Is Unrefined - Meaning it is as natural as it can be. 
Cold pressed - This is the extraction method used. 
Extra Virgin - As nature intended. 
Organic - supports the environment. 
Raw - Never heated above 45 degrees Celsius. 
And lastly Fair trade - Helping to improve the lives of others.

Oh and it tastes great too!

lucy bee coconut oil extra virgin organic raw beauty cleanser

To use coconut oil as a facial cleanser / eye make-up remover:
I scoop a 2p size amount. At room temperature coconut oil is a solid, so I hold it in my hands for a few minutes to let it melt. Then I apply to my face, neck and anywhere with make-up on, massaging as I go. I then take a warm flannel and wipe over my face to remove. It is so effective at removing make-up such as foundation, eye-liner and even waterproof mascara.  Doesn't irritate the delicate eye area and is very gentle for sensitive skin.
Alternatively to use as an eye make-up remover you could apply the coconut oil to your eye area, massage in to work loose the mascara, eye-shadow or eye-liner, then wipe away with a damp cotton pad.
To use as a face mask I leave it on for a good half an hour then rinse off. Leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth.

Hair Conditioning Mask...
One of the down sides of having long hair has to be the tangles and knots!! 
To remedy this I do a coconut oil mask once a week, usually on a Sunday. You would be forgiven for thinking that it would leave your hair greasy, which was my initial worry, however once shampooed out leaves your locks lovely and smooth no grease or frizz in sight.
So here's how I do it....
I get a tablespoon of coconut oil and place into a small bowl (the ramekin bowls are ideal) Then I place this bowl into a bigger bowl filled with hot or warm water. This is just so the coconut oil melts. Then I just start spreading in my hair from roots to tips. I leave it on for half an hour. 
You will notice the coconut oil goes back to being solid at room temperature, on your hair! Don't worry, this will be rinsed out with the warm water when you wash it out of your hair. 
Shampoo and wash your hair how you would normally. Et voila!!

A little bit can also be taken on your hands to smooth through your hair to tame any unwanted frizz or fly-away's.

Body Moisturiser...
This makes such a lovely smoothing and natural moisturiser. Warm up the coconut oil in your hands and massage where you wish to moisturise. I have found it particularly good for elbows and knees. 

To cook with you just replace your usual oil with coconut oil. Has a very slight taste of coconut but not over-powering. Delicious in stir fry's!
I also like a tea spoon in my tea in the morning, in smoothies and a tablespoon in my porridge.

Now for the science: Promise I'll keep it brief....
Coconut Oil contains Lauric Acid which is anti-fungal anti-viral and anti-microbial. 
Great for treating and preventing skin irritations and acne. 
Rich in proteins which help keep the skin healthy and rejuvenated. Able to get deeper than other moisturisers.

As for eating:
The medium chain fatty acids within coconut oil are easily broken down and therefore contribute to quick and easy energy release. Helps to increase your body's metabolism.

Have you tried this wondrous product?

What to look out for: You want to use RAW unrefined extra virgin coconut oil that has not been hydrogenated, refined or bleached. As this goes through the least processes and is closest to its natural state....

Lucy Bee Coconut oil ticks all these boxes!

It can be found over at lucy bee's amazon store
as well as sainsbury's, booth's supermarkets more info here

lucy bee coconut oil extra virgin organic raw beauty cleanser

Lots more beauty and health related tips, as-well as gorgeous recipes can be found over at Lucy Bee's fabulous website www.lucybee.co.uk/beauty 
or
request a brochure packed full of nifty ways to use this wonderful oil.
The possibilities are endless!!

Take time for you. Take care and look after yourself.
Thanks for popping by luv acesparklestar xoxo


P.S If you have any more ideas of how you use Coconut Oil, I'd love to hear them in the comments!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment