Sunday 31 August 2014

August 2014 Favourites Round-Up

It's the end of August so you guessed it....it's time for my August round-up!

August favourites round-up beauty blog


Beauty products I have been loving and using this month, as-well as a few non beauty faves thrown in for good measure!

First up...

Hydraluron by Indeed Laboratories.
Really been loving this new moisturising jelly. 
Lovely and hydrating, so refreshing on the skin.
I use this both morning and night to quench my thirsty skin. Sinks in nicely.
It's sort of a cross between a serum and a gel moisturiser.
Hydraluron indeed labortories jelly moisturiser

Hydraluron indeed labortories jelly moisturiser

My most used lipstick this month has to be....
 MAC's Mineralize Rich in 'Divine Choice'
Such a pretty pink, that's creamy, pigmented but still has a slight glossy sheen to it.
Not to mention the familiar vanilla scent!
MAC Mineralize lipstick Divine choice review swatch

MAC Mineralize lipstick Divine choice review swatch

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

DHC Cleansing facial oil

 I have been loving using this DHC facial cleansing oil ever since I got it in my summer edition Glamour box. Read my post here

It's such a lovely facial cleansing oil. Olive oil makes it lovely and soothing but hydrating on the skin. Does such a great job of cleansing that on the days I don't wear make-up I don't feel the need to double cleanse.
When this trial size runs out I will definitely be repurchasing this cleanser... it really is that good!

Finally got my hands on 'Allure' magazine!! 
Allure beauty magazine 2014

It's America's beauty magazine which I can never seem to find in shops by me. Found this one during my weekend visit to London to see my sister. Oh another favourite is the Selfridges beauty hall... it's beauty heaven! Now just need to win the lottery!

Books:
 This month I haven't done a whole lot of reading (oops) but I have enjoyed this Bobbi Brown book 'Everything Eyes' 
Inspiring and really makes me want to be more adventurous with my eye make-up!


Bobbi brown everything eyes book make-up artist

TV:
BBC The honourable woman tv

I really enjoyed BBC's The honourable Woman, without saying too much I didn't see the twist towards the end! Reminded me of a British version of Homeland. Had me gripped till the last episode.

Song:
I can't seem to stop listening to Ed Sheeran's 'Thinking Out Loud'.
Such a great song, if you haven't heard it YouTube it!!

Lastly.... I have begun training for a 5km run ..... which if you know me, you will know that is a huge first step!!
(Put it this way exercise isn't really in my nature) 
Am starting to enjoy jogging, although i am nowhere near my goal of 5km I feel I am slowly getting a bit more energy and go in me! Just about managing a mile!

jogging 5km run

Take time for you. Take care and look after yourself.
Thanks for popping by luv acesparklestar xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment